Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cutting Back

Sorry I haven't been around here much.
This is the part that's going to sound whiny, but it is what it is. I've been really down because things are really tight. So tight that it seems that no amount of cutting back can save us. I have made the decision to stay home with my children and that is what is really doing us in. It is sad to me that hardly anyone can make it on a single family income.
So now I have made us a new budget, this is the first month trying to implement it. I see all the times we have wasted money in the past and I could just kick myself. Once again, it is what it is.  All I can do is pray and look for opportunities to bring in some income while still being with my children. I still have so many ideas, dreams, and goals that I would love to realize, but now it seems it is time to wait and see what God has in store.

Like the song says "You can't always get what you want,
But if you try sometimes you might find, You get what you need"

 Cheesy, I know.


8 comments:

Karyn said...

You have so much talent that I just know you will find something that works. Hang in there!!

Maranda said...

You are so amazing! I love that you have the Lord in your life though the tough times to remind us what matters, what needs to be important. You have touched me in so many ways that you'll never fully appreciate the value of your words of encouragement. LOVE YOU! HUGS from your girl in Idaho. Xox

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl. Wait for it. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University is offered nationwide. Check the website for an upcoming class in your area. This CAN be done, and it will be easier than you think. You will meet people in your area going through the same struggles, and likely meet new friends. Good luck and God Bless!!

Lesley said...

Chin up girlfriend!!! Hoping things get better for you.

Tiaras & Bow Ties - Think Smink said...

I so know what you are talking about! We have been in a very tight financial bind for about a year and a half and nothing about it was fun! Things here are starting to look up! I pray that they will also start a turn for the best for your family as well!

We cut back on everything and then some... coupon shopped for food and bought from outlet/discount food store to try to lower that cost.

Lots of tears have been shed here as well, just as I thought I could not take another day of it... Christ was there to comfort. We never went without our necessities. We did not lean on credit cards like so many I know, but we are finally seeing the light. So sorry you are down, it is not a fun place to be. Remember to count your blessings daily and lean on the Lord... you will come out of the tunnel too!
Kim

Karen said...

Staying home with your kids is such a worthwhile use of your time. Relationships are the only thing that last!

LovingLynden said...

Good for you - you CAN do it! Your kids are only little for such a short time, you'll have time and money for other things before you know it.

andie jaye said...

i just popped over because i hadn't heard from you in a while. sorry that things are rough right now. from another sahm, i hear you. your family will be in my prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...