Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Week's Finds

This week I found some great stuff at estate sales, thrift stores, and yard sales.
My favorite find today was from, hands down, the best yard sale I've ever been to. It's an old child's bed frame, I think I'm going to use it as a bench. I love it. It looks cool rusty, but it doesn't match my house...I'm pretty much a black or white kinda gal. I'm thinking I need to paint it, even though that may be high treason to some of you.


Look at the sweet detailing

I also got this cute chippy side table



 and this collection of very dirty milk glass (it came as a lot).

 The girl at this particular yard sale was getting rid of her moms stuff. Her mom must have been my kind of lady because I wanted just about everything out there for sale. I'm not thinking she was as keen on the stuff as I was.


  It looks really neat in person (to me anyhow).


 I remembered this picture from my copy of  BH&G decorating with vintage treasures  and I knew I couldn't pass it up. Although I have no idea what I'm going to do with it!


And the last thing I got from that great sale is an early birthday present for my S.I.L. (Stacey, if I haven't given this to you yet, act surprised when you see it, and if you don't like it, pretend that you do). This thing is bigger than it looks. It's adorable (and so is my awesome black chandelier in the mirrors reflection).


My thrifting produced a $2 drum shade that I have plans for,


 a stand that will be receiving a nice coat of spray paint, and some cute frames that hang from ribbon.




 And I got these at another yard sale. They look as though they were originally white with crystals, and I think I'll be bringing them closer to their former glory. Im pretty excited about these.
 This was probably the best week I've ever had since I've been out hunting for treasure. I plan on making over almost all of these finds, so keep checking in on me and see what I do with 'em!



Today I'm thankful for HOT showers!!!



4 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE the side table!!! Super cute!! You need to call me when you find awesome stuff like that!!!

Karyn said...

Omg, I need to go out shopping with you. I haven't found anything that exciting in ages! The bed is amazing...it would be perfect in the backyard but you know me, I'm crazy like that. Just got my outdoor daybed mattress on today and the kids are lying around on it reading while I'm working in the garden. Can't wait to see what you do with everything!

Tiaras & Bow Ties said...

I really need to come thrifting with you! I luv that old bed frame and oh what a deal you got for the ironing table!
Kim @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com
PS I'm your newest follower!

JoAnna Jackson Garnto said...

I'm SO jealous. I've been wanting an old ironing board. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...